First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
- I need a key pair to participate in protected data exchange. The key pair consists of a private, secret part and a corresponding public part.
- My communication partners need my public key.
- My partners can use my public key to encrypt files for me. They can also use my public key to verify my digital signatures.
- I can decipher encrypted files sent to me using my private key. Using the private key I can also digitally sign files.
- I might be able to use the key pair for many years and it might have a persistence compareable to my phone number, my e-mail or my physical address.
- In the following slides, it will be explained how to create such a key pair using the software "Academic Signature".