Application process for Erasmus+ incoming exchange students

If you are interested in spending one or more semesters at the University of Applied Sciences Wedel, please contact your Erasmus+ coordinator at your home university first. They will contact Mrs. Nicole Haß at our International Office.

The application deadlines for the Erasmus+ Programme are as follows:

  • For the winter semester you have to apply until May 31st. The winter semester starts on October 1st.
  • For the summer semester you have to apply until December 1st. The summer semester starts on April 1st.

After your nomination, you have to fill out our application form and hand it in with the following attachments:

  • An ID-picture
  • Your grades and an overview of previously attended lectures
  • German or English language certificate attesting to a level of at least B2 in German or the equivalent in English
  • EU Health Insurance Card
  • Very important Health Insurance: A / T 11 certificate from Turkey

The next step is to send the documents via post or email to Mrs. Haß of the International Office at University of Applied Sciences Wedel.
After checking your documents we will send your home university an Acceptance Letter.

Contact information International Office

Fachhochschule Wedel
University of Applied Sciences
International Office
Feldstraße 143
D-22880 Wedel

Nicole Haß

Head of International Office / Erasmus+-Coordinator

04103 - 80 48 - 47

Visa information

Non-EU citizens
If you would like to study in Germany and you are a non EU-citizen you may to have to apply for a student visa at the German Embassy or Consulate in your country. Depending on which country you come from you be exempt. It is necessary to enclose in your application a letter of acceptance from the university. Beyond that, you must prove that you have enough financial to support you during your studies in Germany. You can do this, for example, by institutional scholarships or by a financial statement of your parents. The German Embassy will send the application to the foreign administrative body in the city where you would like to study. After the embassy has received the agreement of the foreign administrative body, it can issue the student visa.
Currently, you do not need a visa when you hold a passport from Australia, Honduras, Island, Israel, Japan, Canada, Monaco, New Zealand, Norway, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, San Marino or the USA. Nevertheless, you need a residence permit for studying. You have to apply for the permit within three months of your arrival at the responsible foreign registration office ("Ausländerbehörde")! Failure to do so may result in bureaucratic problems or even being asked to return home immediately. Visa regulations can change. You are well advised to check the current regulations regarding your visa for Germany. You can get further information about the necessary documents on the web-page of the German Embassy or the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

EU citizens
EU nationals do not need a visa for travelling to Germany, but they need a permit of residence for studying. They have to apply for the permit within three months of their arrival at the responsible foreign registration office ("Ausländerbehörde")! Failure to do so may result in bureaucratic problems or even being asked to return to one's home country immediately.

Buddy Programme

In order to help you with your acclimatization to your new surroundings, the FH Wedel provides incoming students with student tutors, so-called "Buddies". They will guide you through your first steps in Wedel and assist you during your stay.

Guide for Erasmus+ students

In this guide, you will find information on our application process, enrollment procedures, and our academic programme, as well as general information on Wedel and Hamburg.

Experience reports

Some of our recent Incomings have kindly provided us with their reviews of their exchange semester at FH Wedel. Reading them may provide you with additional insight on what to expect from a semester at our university.